Partner Kenneth MacKenzie leads the firm’s Commercial Real Estate practice. Together with his partners Barry Finegold, Jay Eigerman, Thomas Tavenner, Eric Shediac and associate Brendan Boyle, Mr. MacKenzie handles all aspects of commercial real estate law, including highly complex land acquisitions and dispositions. Closely related practice groups include Corporate Law & Commercial Lending, and Zoning & Land Use.
Representative commercial real estate transactions include:
- Purchase of an eight-hotel portfolio from Thayer Lodging Group and acquisition of a five-hotel portfolio from CNL, and related hotel management and franchise agreements.
- Sale of The Westin Boston Waterfront Convention Center Hotel.
- Ground leases for ownership and rental phases of an affordable housing development at brownfields site in Boston’s Roxbury neighborhood.
- Participating loan financing of development of luxury homes at Villas del Mar, Palmilla Resort, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico.
- Negotiations with Massachusetts Department of Transportation for air-rights development of non-profit recreation center above Central Artery/Tunnel.
- Joint venture and construction financing for development of Stowe Mountain Lodge Hotel Condominiums and Spa, Mount Mansfield, Vermont.
- Hotel management and license agreements for Millenium and Hilton hotels in Phuket, Thailand, Goa and Hyderabad, India.
- Representation of Groundwork Lawrence in assembly and construction of Spicket River Greenway project in Lawrence, Massachusetts
- Hotel Management Agreements for Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel in Boston, Massachusetts, Top Notch Resort in Stowe, Vermont, and Casa Madrona in San Francisco, California.
- Acquisition and financing of Olde Andover Village in Andover, Massachusetts.
- Franchise and Management Agreements for Marriott Residence Inn at Fenway, Boston, Massachusetts.